Date: Wednesday April 24, 2019
Time: 11:45 AM to 12:00 PM Chapter Business Meeting
12:00 PM to 1:00 PM Speaker
Title: Polygraph Science in the Investigative Process
Presenter: Chip Morgan, Administrative Investigator, Ada County Sheriff’s Office
Course Description: The presentation deals with polygraph utility in investigations; particularly in narrowing the list of possibilities in cases with multiple suspects. Varying polygraph techniques will be shown and discussed, some of which are not known to the general public.
- dispelling myths and incorrect information regarding polygraph
- usefulness of investigative polygraph will be demonstrated
- will provide the audience a better understanding of polygraph’s relationship in court
- the audience will understand how to use polygraph in their investigations and how to arrange for polygraph examinations with both law enforcement and the private sector.
Speaker Bio: Chip Morgan is a nationally recognized trainer and lecturer. For decades, Mr. Morgan has shared his training and expertise with others in the law enforcement and corrections arenas. Chip has been a featured speaker, primary instructor, guest lecturer and keynote speaker at numerous national training seminars and colleges throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Administrative Investigator, Ada County Sheriff’s Office. 2018 to present. Boise, Idaho.
- Co-Director and Senior Instructor, Backster School of Lie Detection. 2018 to present. Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
- Senior Polygraph Instructor, PEAK Credibility Assessment Training Center. 2016 to 2018. Cape Coral, FL.
- Polygraph and PCSOT Instructor, The Polygraph Institute: 2011 to present. San Antonio, Texas
- Owner, Morgan Forensic Services. – 2005 to present, Boise, Idaho.
- Director of Polygraph Division, Stoelting Company. 2014-2016. Chicago, IL.
- MVM, INC. – Program Manager – Polygraph Instructor – Polygraph School Director – U.S. Department of Defense, Baghdad, Iraq.
- Detective, Criminal Polygraph Examiner. 1975 TO 2006 – Boise Police Department, Boise, Idaho
- Curriculum Development Team – Core Instructor – Small Town and Rural Drug Enforcement Training Program, Federal Law
Enforcement Training Center, Glynco, Georgia 1990-2000.
- Past Chairman of the Board and President of the National Polygraph Association and is past president of the following
organizations: International Brotherhood of Police Officers, Boise Police Association, Idaho Fire & Arson Investigators
Association, Idaho Narcotics Officers Association, and Idaho Polygraph Association.
- Full member and Instructor in the American Association of Police Polygraphists, the National Polygraph Association and
the American Polygraph Association.
- Graduate of the Backster School of Lie Detection and is a Nationally Certified Forensic Law Enforcement Polygraph
Examiner (Cert. # 1646) with the American Association of Police Polygraphists (AAPP). Detective Morgan is also a
certified Clinical Polygraph Examiner in Sex Offender testing methodology and a Polygraph Instructor.
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice Administration and a Bachelor of Science degree in International Security Management
and Intelligence. He has qualified and testified as an expert in Idaho and California State Courts and the United States
Federal Court system.
- Chip Morgan holds a Master’s Certification from the Peace Officer Standards and Training Council and has been a certified
Law Enforcement Instructor since 1980 and a Polygraph Science Instructor since 2010.
- Published author and recognized expert in the art of Interview and Interrogation. His text, Focused Interviewing 2013 has
been a course text at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Georgia as well as the Peace Officers
Standards and Training center in Boise, Idaho.
- Program Manager, Polygraph Instructor and Law Enforcement Trainer for the U.S. Government (Dept. of Defense, Dept. of
State and Dept. of Justice) throughout the world in such places as Iraq, Nepal, Barbados, Antigua and numerous locations.
Level of Knowledge Required: Basic
Advance Preparation: None
CPE Credit: 1.0 hour
Hillcrest Library– Teton Room
5246 W Overland Rd,
Boise, ID 83705